Tuesday, February 10, 2009

One Year Older and Wiser too! Happy Birthday to You!


I know this is a day late but the honest truth is that yesterday I did not have a spare minute to write this. So I apologize to my darling husband. I want to wish you a Happy 26th birthday and let you know just how much I love you. I am so grateful for that day 26 years ago when you were brought into this world by your mother. I am grateful for the parents that raised you into the great man that you are. You have such wonderful and amazing qualities that I have loved since the moment I met you.
I love how much you love life and the beauties of this earth. You often notice the small things and get excited like a child. I think its adorable. You are always trying to make me see the beauty of the outdoors and could spend each day outside camping, hiking, sleeping in a sleeping bag, and listening to crickets.
You have a deep sense of right and wrong and are always trying to do the best for our family and the ones you love. You are also passionate and I think its safe to say a bit stubborn in your opinions and feelings. But I respect and admire you for taking a stand for your values and standards.
You are an amazing father. This is one of my very favorite things about you. I know without a doubt that you would drop everything and anything for our son and for our future children. You are so wonderful with children and are not afraid to get down on the floor and play with them. Whether it be dress up (including toe painting), horsey or reading books. I love that my children will have a father that they know loves them and will be there for them.
I also want to thank you for loving me so much. You are quick to tell me you love me and I know that you want the best for me. I know you are there to protect me and want the best for me. I cant believe it has almost been three years that I have been married to you. We have had our ups and downs but overall without a doubt I can say that its been wonderful and that I love you so very much!!
Happy Birthday Mark Sterling Durrant!!!

3 comments:

Lindsey Walker said...

Happy Birthday Mark!!!

vanessa said...

Hey Linds!
I can't believe we are only 2 weeks apart on our due date! That would be fun if you had another boy too. Anyway, you will have to let me know when you find out. Our kids need to be best friends. We need to get together more.

Light and Shadow Studio said...

Hi Mark, Lindsey, and Matthew. Gosh, can't believe Mathew is a year old! Wow Lindsey I think Mandy is due about a month after you. I have joined the blogging community and if you want to check it at and add it to your list that would be fun. Love, Aunt Tammy
http://lightandshadowstudio.blogspot.com/