A week or so ago our good friends the Larsen's brought over a beta fish for Matthew. Matthew was pretty excited and we even went to the DI and bought a nice little tank for a few dollars. Matthew was really excited so I got the tank all setup and told him to get his pajamas so that after we could put the fish in the tank. Anyways he ran to Lindsey and got dressed and came scurrying back. Well I took some of our food storage water - so that there wouldn't be any chlorine in the water - and filled the tank. As Matthew watched we put the little fish out of the bowl that he had been in right into the new tank. Well, it turned out that the water I used was FREEZING cold and that betas are tropical fish. So when I dumped it right in the fish immediately sunk to the bottom and died. I tried to hurry and get him out of the cold water and into warmer water but all that did was make him twitch a few last times before he finally died. So once again we have no pets (last fall I had goldfish that Lindsey made me release in the local pond) and the Larsen's ended up with our "new" tank.


3 comments:
Oh dear mark, you may have scarred poor matthew for life! I think I am gonna cry!
That's so sad. When I was little just my sisters breath could kill about any pet. LOL Go get a new beta, they are cheap and one of the easiest of fish to keep. If you lay off the cold water!
Love, auntie Tammy
Next time you'll think that one through, huh? At least you tried to save it...
Post a Comment