Sunday, July 17, 2005

Poem

In YW today Sis. Romander shared a poem with us. She had her husband write the poem for our lesson. Here it is:
THE FACE OF FORGIVENESS

I cannot look, afraid of what I’ll see
Inside is a monster staring back at me

I've done all I can, I've prayed and repented
But all I see are the faces of those I’ve affected

The darkness and evil I’ve done
Remain in my thoughts, there’s nowhere to run

Despair and guilt fill my heart
How could I ever deserve a new start?

Somehow, I summon the courage and look in the mirror
My body tense, prepared for my worst fear

Then the tears begin to fall
As I see it’s just me, there’s no monster at all

A smile appears and evaporates the gloom
I feel His presence enter the room

Waterfalls of pity change to droplets of joy
As I remember Mary and her Baby Boy

The boy who grew in wisdom and fulfilled His part of the Plan
My Lord and Savior who suffered and died for a Man

His spirit lifts me, His words I recall
“The Son of Man hath descended below them all”

Love and hope replace the hatred I had for me
I know He wants me with Him for eternity

Slowly I rise, squaring my shoulders and standing tall
I may not be perfect, yet, but I am His daughter after all

Turning the handle, I open the door
But before I leave, I look once more

No monster, no beast, no evil creature
A daughter of God looking into her future

My wrongs I have done, but they’re in the past
This time, I’m sure, I will hold fast.

No comments: