
Through all the chaos and craziness of remodeling and not being in our own home Matthew and I have still been able to have some sweet precious moments that I have truly come to treasure. Since I'm not in my own home with all the responsibilities that come with being a house wife I have been able to sit back and smell the roses (I guess you could say). I have been able to watch and admire my sweet boy in a way that I never really have. I have been able to hear each laugh and notice each adorable smile and crinkle of his nose.
Matthew has a lot to say too. He's constantly talking and jabbering like he was having a full on conversation with you. Sometimes I think I understand him but 95% of the time I just nod my head and make him think I know what he's talking about.Then I have to chase after him as he runs from one room to other, climbing from shelf to chair to couch. He is in constantly moving from the moment he wakes up until the moment he falls asleep (excluding his short nap time). I think my mom and mother-in-law can vouch for me on that one.
Probably the number one thing that Matthew has to offer that I just can't get enough of are his sweet lovable hugs. It truly warms my heart when he walks or runs up to me with arms wide open and wraps his skinny little arms around my neck and pats me with his little tiny hands and exclaims "ooohh". It is very rare that he will sit and snuggle with me for a few seconds. I love how he needs me and wants me by his side at all moments. The times when I do have a minute to myself, I admit are nice, but knowing he's waiting at the door for me when I return makes me anxious to get back to mom duty.
We have been able to go to the park quite often and go on walks without any time restraints. We have read books and played blocks and played tag until we are both exhausted. I have even had the chance to take a couple naps with him, which is very rare. I believe that a sleeping baby is a great blessing from our Father in Heaven. And I don't mean it as in it saves a mother from insanity, but it provides a brief yet wonderful moment for you to stare into your child's angelic face and remember how he is the most precious gift you have ever been given.
I just wanted to post this to remind everyone that, yes its been exciting to have our kitchen remodeled, but the most important thing in Mark and I's life, besides each other, is our sweet Matthew Gene. He is our pride and joy! p.s. If you look closely you can notice Matthew's chipped teeth. Yes, he chipped his beautiful, straight, perfectly shaped teeth that I took so much pride in. But it was bound to happen with the crazy energy and excitement that boy has for life. At least they're baby teeth right?
6 comments:
Sweet blog and truer words could never be spoken. You are wise to see and appreciate those moments my wonderful little daughter. I know how much I cherished them with you. Life is good. Matthew looks so grown up. Teeth look fine. Can't much tell.
What a sweet message. You and Mark are doing such a good job with Matthew. And I love the pictures too. I can see some of Mark in him.
Ohhh your post is so cute. I can really tell you love your baby. Dan and I always talk about what a good mother you are. Matthew reminds me of what Dan probably looked like as a baby and I can't help but think maybe that's what our babies will look like. I hope, cause he is so cute!!
i love the pics! i can hear his little laugh when i look at the pictures. thanks for posting them!!!
Aunt Suzie
He is so cute! Aren't little guy hugs the best. That is my favorite thing Hudson does too. You sound like the sweetest Mom!
Well said Lindsey. I can't believe how big Matthew looks! He is soo cute. I think the chipped tooth just adds to his little boy cuteness.
Post a Comment