This past week in my English 312 I had a little assignment to do on spelling and the following was included in the activity. I think it is amazing how it works. I even read it in Spanish and it worked and my roomate read it in Portuguese also. I will include the paragraph in English, Spanish and French for Kimball.
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Sgeun un etsduio de una uivenrsdiad ignlsea, no ipmotra el odren en el que las ltears etsan ersciats, la uicna csoa ipormtnate es que la pmrirea y la utlima ltera esten ecsritas en la psiocion cocrrtea. El rsteo peuden estar ttaolmntee mal y aun pordas lerelo sin pobrleams. Etso es pquore no lemeos cada ltera por si msima preo la paalbra es un tdoo.
Sleon une édtue de l'Uvinertisé de Cmabrigde, l'odrre des ltteers dnas un mtos n'a pas d'ipmrotncae, la suele coshe ipmrotnate est que la pmeirère et la drenèire soit à la bnnoe pclae. Le rsete peut êrte dnas un dsérorde ttoal et vuos puoevz tujoruos lrie snas porlblème. C'est prace que le creaveu hmauin ne lit pas chuaqe ltetre elle-mmêe, mias le mot cmome un tuot.
(note that the letters are jumbled and that the accents have moved with their associated letters)
For more information on this topic click here.
Jen Comes to Utah.
9 years ago
2 comments:
Mark,
Very interesting note. Yes I could read the one English. It will be fun to see if Kimball also can read it in French. This gives hope to those suffering with Dislexia. I hope they can learn to read even though their letters are jumbled up.
LOve, Mom
I think that "dislexia" is a problem because it isn't a constant thing. I think that it randomly mixes up letters.
Mark
Post a Comment